Fire Extinguisher Servicing
Fire extinguisher servicing should be carried out once a year to the standard laid down under BS 5306-3:2009. The service procedure involves thorough checking of the fire extinguisher for corrosion and partial or complete discharge. Reference should be made to the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions for specific information on servicing and recharging.
Any fire extinguishers that are deemed unfit for use should be brought to the attention of the user and removed from service.
1. Visually inspect the fire extinguisher for corrosion and damage.
2. Check that the extinguisher has not been used, by checking the following : Safety pin and tamper seal are in place and pressure gauge reading (indicating needle should be in the green area. This is not applicable for CO2 fire extinguishers)
3. Check that the operating instructions on the extinguisher are clear and legible.
4. Remove the discharge hose and check for blockages and corrosion. Once the discharge hose has been removed replace the ‘O’ ring
5. Weigh the extingushier and record on the service label. If there is more than a 10% weight loss, investigate and recharge.
6. Wipe down the extingusher.
7.Ensure that the wall mountings are secure and in good condition before replacing the appliance back on the wall.
Providing a Range of
Commercial & Residential Services
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
PAT was introduced to enable companies & organisations to comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations.
Fixed Wire Testing
Having a fixed wiring test completed in your workplace/home is highly recommended by Health & Safety legislation
Emergency Lighting Testing
Emergency lighting is required in all premises where people are employed and assists occupants in the event of an emergency.
Fire Alarm Testing
Regulations require the duty holder to undertake quarterly fire alarm checks to ensure the functionality of the system.
Do not let a lightning strike affect you. Whether it is a domestic, commercial or historic building we can help to protect your building.
We offer our customers a remedial solution to repair any defects found during the test and inspection process.